Believe it or not, “The Happiest Place on Earth” is about to get even merrier. Starting in November, the holiday spirit is taking over at Walt Disney World Resort. Each park will celebrate the Christmas season in its own special way, with a variety of special activities and entertainment to enjoy!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is one of the best holiday events of the year, taking over the Magic Kingdom on select nights from November 8 through December 22. The separately ticketed event features tons of seasonal fun including festive overlays on popular attractions, holiday dining experiences, and an exciting lineup of exclusive entertainment. This year’s event also includes an all-new evening spectacular called Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks. Tickets range from $99 to $124 per person, depending on the night. You can find more information on the celebration in this guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
Holiday traditions from all over the world are celebrated during Epcot’s one-of-a-kind seasonal celebration. The Epcot International Festival of the Holidays takes place daily from November 29 through December 30. You can experience how Christmas is celebrated in all 11 countries of the World Showcase as well as in many other cultures from around the globe. The spirit of the season is brought to life with live entertainment, holiday kitchens, and more! You’ll find the complete roster of Christmas fun in the guide to this year’s Festival of Holidays.
The park’s other long-standing holiday tradition is Epcot’s Candlelight Processional. Starting November 29, various celebrity narrators will take the stage at the America Gardens Theater to retell the story of Christmas with the help of a huge choir and a 50-piece orchestra. The enchanting performance will take place three times daily through December 30. The full lineup of narrators and information on dining packages can be found in this guide to the
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
A “flurry of fun” is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios this holiday season, with festive shows, beautiful decor, “snowfalls”, and more!
One of the many fun holiday shows returning to the park this year is Sunset Seasons Greetings, an incredible projection show that displays on the side of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The show is full of fun stories told by Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, and other Disney friends with the help of music and brilliant laser effects. Scenes include:
- Mickey and Minnie imagining a hometown Christmas in a Norman Rockwell-inspired scene that starts in black and white and slowly changes into color
- The Toy Story crew trying to guess what new toys are joining the family at Christmas
- The Muppets’ Swedish Chef in a scene full of gingerbread houses
- Olaf contemplating his holiday wish accompanied by familiar scenes and music from Frozen, complete with falling snow!
During the holiday season, days at Hollywood Studios will end with the epic Jingle Bell Jingle BAM! spectacular at the Chinese Theater. The building and rooftops come to life during the 14-minute show that follows the stars of ABC’s Prep & Landing on the hunt for a missing Santa Claus. The story takes you through animated Disney classics with scenes from Mickey’s Christmas Carol, Beauty and the Beast, Pluto’s Christmas Tree, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, and more! Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! is truly a spectacular way to end the evening complete with laser effects, fireworks, and snow.
You can pregame the evening show at Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party. Before the show guests will enjoy desserts, specialty beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), beer, wine, and a variety of holiday-themed snacks like:
- Warm Cheese Fondue with Pretzel Bread
- Roasted Onion Dip with Kettle Chips
- Winter Spiced Trail Mix
- Yule Log Cake
- Caramel Apple Verrine
- Holiday Cookies
- Gingerbread Martinis
- Hot Chocolate
Entrance to the party also includes a special character meet and greet with Chip & Dale as well as reserved viewing for Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
In addition to the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! dessert party, there is also a variety of delicious holiday treats available for a limited time at select locations around the park. Some of the seasonal offerings (available until January 5, 2020) include:
- Holiday Blondie (Backlot Express): Blondie made with orange peel, dried cranberries, and slivered almonds topped with white chocolate ganache
- Elsa’s Magical Macarons (The Market and BaseLine Tap House): White and blue macaron shells with white chocolate and gingerbread ganache
- Chestnut Pinecone (Backlot Express and Trolley Car Cafe): Chestnut mousse on milk chocolate sweetened crepe with powdered sugar snow
- Mickey’s Santa Hat Chocolate Mousse (ABC Commissary): Vanilla shortbread topped with chocolate cake, dark chocolate mousse, dark chocolate ears, and a large white crispy pearl
- Festive Holiday Wreath (ABC Commissary): Cookie with mint marshmallow topped with white and green icing and a chocolate candy cane
- Cinnamon-Apple Lunch Box Tart (Woody’s Lunch Box): Lunch box tart with cinnamon apple pie filling topped with red cinnamon fondant
- Gingerbread Cookies (BaseLine Tap House, The Market, and Dockside Diner): Soft gingerbread dough topped with maple fondant and chocolate crispy pearls
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! gingerbread Cupcake (Trolley Car Cafe): Gingerbread cupcake with maple Bavarian filling, cream cheese buttercream, red and green sprinkles, and white chocolate Wayne and Lanny pieces
- Olaf’s Chocolate Marshmallow Verrine (Fairfax Cafe): Layers of chocolate cake, cream, chocolate fudge, and mini marshmallows topped with white chocolate pearls and a white chocolate Olaf topper
- Goofy’s Hot, Not Hot, Chocolate Verrine (Backlot Express and Rosie’s All-American Cafe): Layers of chocolate cake, cinnamon chocolate cream, vanilla cream, and cinnamon marshmallow topped with milk chocolate crispy pearls and a chocolate Goofy topper
- Strawberry Mint Verrine (PizzeRizzo and ABC Commissary): Layers of vanilla sponge cake, strawberry compote, mint cream, and vanilla cream topped with strawberry and white chocolate crispy pearls
- Caramel Apple Verrine (Catalina Eddie’s): Layers of chocolate panna cotta, caramel apples, caramel cream, dark chocolate and salted caramel crispy pearls, apple cream, and caramel sauce topped with dark chocolate shavings and a chocolate Mickey and Minnie Mouse topper
- Mickey Light-Up Tree Souvenir Popcorn Bucket (Various Popcorn Carts)
- Pajama Alien Souvenir Popcorn Bucket (Various Popcorn Carts)
- Santa Alien Souvenir Popcorn Bucket (Neighborhood Bakery)
- Holiday Festive Popcorn (Various Outdoor Carts): A sweet and salty mix of caramel popcorn, red and green candy-coated chocolates, white chocolate drizzle, and crushed candy canes
- Northern Lights Slushy (The Market): Blue raspberry frozen slushy with cotton candy
- Olaf’s Snow Flurry Slushy (The Market): Vanilla orange frozen slushy with whipped cream
- Holiday Mule (Oasis Canteen, Sunshine Day Bar, and Animation Bar): Vodka, limoncello, cranberry juice, and ginger beer
- Frostbite Cocktail (Oasis Canteen, Sunshine Day Bar, and Animation Bar): Vodka, blue curacao, cranberry juice, and sweet and sour mix
- Winterberry Margarita (Backlot Express, PizzeRizzo, ABC Commissary, and Rosie’s All-American Cafe): Silver tequila, triple sec, sweet-and-sour mix, cranberry juice, and wildberry syrup
- Hot Cocoa Flight (Fairfax Fare, Dockside Diner, and Woody’s Lunchbox): Flight of three hot chocolates with vanilla vodka, black cherry bourbon, and Irish cream liqueur
New this year to the park is a whole bunch of seasonal fun inside Toy Story Land and a special holiday finale starring Olaf at “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-A-Long”. The Christmas celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios takes place daily from November 8 through January 5, 2020.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
For the first time this year, the holidays take over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom starting on November 8. All across the park, there will be festive new entertainment and decor that brings the season to life in a unique way.
Handcrafted decorations all over Discovery Island create a unique celebration of winter with colorful animal-inspired luminaries, sparkly white decor, and bird-shaped wireframe lanterns. During the day, winter animal puppets like reindeer, foxes, polar bears, and penguins gather around to interact with guests. In the evenings, the luminaries and lanterns fill the village with a festive glow.
Tree of Life – Awakenings
Each night, the Tree of Life awakens with a special holiday experience. A variety of wintry stories come alive on the park’s massive landmark, soundtracked by a familiar holiday-inspired musical score. Between the awakenings, the tree continues to sparkle with Christmas magic.
During the holiday season, Donald’s Dino Bash takes on a festive twist, with colorful decorations that represent Donald and his pals. You can also enjoy a Holiday Hoopla Dance Party with Chip ‘N Dale at Truck-O-Saurus. The celebration includes lively music, dancing, and interactive fun and games.
The Anandapur area of the park is decorated for Diwali. Glowing flowers and lanterns can be found all across the square in celebration of India’s holiday festival of lights. Authentic cultural performances will also take place on the Waterfront Stage.
In Harambe Village, there is a unique holiday display that mixes the style of Western traditions with the colors and textiles related to authentic African celebrations. The characters at Tusker House will also be found wearing their holiday best.
The festivities extend to Pandora – The World of Avatar, where expats who have moved to the area brought along vintage decorations and homemade items from Earth.
The Christmas spirit continues to spread outside of the parks as well, with special holiday festivities taking place at Disney Springs from November 8 through January 5.
The entire marketplace will be covered in gorgeous decorations and select locations throughout the complex will debut seasonal dishes for the holidays. You’ll also find toy soldier stilt walkers, carolers, and living statues in festive outfits entertaining guests all around Disney Springs.
Christmas Tree Trail
The highlight of the holidays at Disney Springs is the Christmas Tree Trail, located near Once Upon a Toy. The brilliant trail features a variety of decorated trees with Disney themes, including:
- Walt Disney World Theme Parks
- Mickey & Minnie Mouse
- Beauty & The Beast
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Princess & The Frog
- The Little Mermaid
- Haunted Mansion
- Snow White
- Toy Story
- Disney Villains
- Robin Hood
- Star Wars
- Peter Pan
- The Lion King
- Mary Poppins
Just outside the entrance of the Christmas Tree Trail, guests of all ages can meet Santa Claus at Santa’s Chalet from 11 AM to 11 PM daily through Christmas Eve! After Santa heads back to the North Pole on Christmas Day, Santa Goofy takes over to meet and greet with guests through December 31.
Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt
While taking in the holiday sights around Disney Springs you can join in Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt, a quest for hidden “Stitches” all over the property. Just pick up a guidebook and follow the map to 12 different holiday sticker stops. As you collect each sticker, place it on the corresponding spot on the map, then return your completed map to one of six prize locations* for a festive surprise! Sticker stops include:
- Amorette’s Patisserie*
- Mickey & Minnie Tree (Christmas Tree Trail)*
- The Ganachery*
- Mac Cosmetics
- Marketplace Co-Op*
- Once Upon A Toy Store*
- Rainforest Cafe
- Star Wars Galactic Outpost*
- Wolfgang Puck Express
With new and returning holiday festivities taking place all over the resort, you won’t want to miss any of the exciting celebrations this season! With a park hopper ticket, you can experience it all. Browse discount Disney World tickets from Tickets2You and get the Christmas season started now!