On May 19 at 5:00 PM, the long awaited Wine Bar George will finally open at Disney Springs! The grand opening will begin with the pouring of the very first glass of wine at the establishment. The next day (May 20) the restaurant will begin its regular hours of operation, opening at 11 AM and closing at 2:00 AM.
The two-story wine bar seats 200 and offers more than 130 wine selections, curated by Master Sommelier George Miliotes. Designed to feel like a winemaker’s home, Wine Bar George is the only wine bar in Florida that is owned by a master sommelier. Wines can be served by the ounce, glass or bottle and come in a wide range of vintage, price, and varietals from all around the world.
The food menu at Wine Bar George was a collaboration between George Miliotes and Executive Chef Ron Rupert, complete with shareable items and small plates that will pair perfectly with the extensive wine selection. A few offerings include:
- The Big Board: A selection of 6 artisan cheeses and 5 crafted meats that serves two or more
- Grilled Octopus with Lemon Vinaigrette: Salad with pieces of grilled and chilled Spanish octopus.
- Crispy Mac and Cheese Bites: A take on a grilled cheese and otmato soup dish served with tomato nage and pecorino.
- Porchetta Spiced Pork Cheeks: Small bites of slow cooked pork served with a creamy 3 cheese polenta and an orange gremolata
- Grilled Whole Greek Sea Bass: Family-style plate of light whole fish served, with cannelloni bean ragout and seasonal veggies. This dish serves two or more people.
- Olive Oil Cake: A moist cake with a rich olive oil flavor served with candied olives and lemon mascarpone
For outdoor dining, The Basket at Wine Bar George offers a dining experience similar to an upscale picnic. The picnic basket for two comes with olives and hummus, a cheese and charcuterie box, two chocolate chip cookies, a baguette, and a carafe of wine with two glasses, all for $80. For $110, you can purchase a picninc basket for four filled with olives and hummus, a choice of two cheese and charcuterie boxes, one sandwich of your choice, four chocolate chip cookies, a baguette, and a carafe of wine with four glasses. The Basket’s full menu is listed below:
- Goat cheese, fig, arugula and ficelle – $14
- Speck (prosciutto), brie, olive salade, baguette – $14
- Ham, gruyere, ciabatta – $14
- Bites & Boxes
- Olives & hummus – $11
- Crispy mac & cheese bites – $11
- Calabrese, brie, honey & crackers box: $13
- Sopressata, cheddar, fig & crackers box – $13
- Chorizo, manchengo, almonds & crackers box – $13
- Chocolate chip – $4
- Rose all day – $4
- Wines on Tap
- Adragam Loureiro (Minho, Portugal): $9
- Barbera Vezzi (Piedmont, Italy): $9
- Sabine Rose (Provence, France): $9
- MacRostie Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast, California): $14
- Bonny Doon Clos du Gilroy Grenache (Central Coast of California): $15
- Argyle Pinot Noir (Willamete, Oregon): $15
- Halter Ranch Grenache Blac (Paso Robles): $15
- Beer & Cider
- Bud Light (St. Louis, MO): $7
- Orlando Brewing Organic Blonde Ale (Orlando, FL): $8
- Pilsner Urquell Pilsen (Czech Republic): $8
- Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale (Tampa, FL): $8
- Paulaner Hefe Weizen (Germany): $8
- Sweetwater Pale Ale 420 (Atlanta, GA): $8
- Crooked Can High Stepper IPA (Winter Garden, FL): $8
- Keel & Curley Strawberry Cider (Plant City, FL): $8
- New Belgium Tartastic Sour (Fort Collins, CO): $9
- Founder’s Breakfast Stout (Grand Rapids, MI): $9
- Other Beverages
- Frose All Day – $12
- Iced Tea – $3.50
- Coffee – $3.50
- Espresso – $3.50
- Cappucino – $3.50
- Cold Brew Coffee – $5
Walk-in dining is always available, and you can begin making reservations on May 25 for bookings starting June 25.