Coming up in less than a month is Epcot’s biggest International Flower & Garden Festival yet. Running for a whopping 90 days from to
Garden Rocks Concert Series
Performing at 5:30 pm, 6:45 pm & 8:00 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the America Gardens Theatre, you can expect to see the following performers at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival:
3/04 – 3/06: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO
3/11 – 3/13: Starship starring Mickey Thomas
3/18 – 3/20: Little River Band
3/25 – 3/27: Village People
4/01 – 4/03: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
4/08 – 4/10: The Guess Who
4/15 – 4/17: Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice
4/22 – 4/24: Brian Howe, former lead singer of Bad Company
4/29 – 5/01: Georgia Satellites
5/06 – 5/08: Gin Blossoms
5/13 – 5/15: Darlene Love
5/20 – 5/22: Night Ranger
5/27 – 5/30 (Monday): The Spinners
- For the first time ever, Donald’s nephews Huey, Dewey & Louie will be featured in a floral interpretation inspired by a 1943 Donald Duck comic book called “The Victory Garden.” You’ll also see Donald Duck himself, along with Daisy at the Epcot front-entrance garden display.
- Harmony Gardens makes its debut and will feature the “fab five” topiaries of “band leader” Mickey Mouse, along with Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck all recreated as topiaries. Harmony Garden is a unique display that features interactive drums, chimes and xylophones where children can create their own musical sounds. The popular Cactus Road Rally play garden also returns with Mater and Lightning McQueen from the hit movie “Cars.”
- In Future World, you’ll encounter the Ranger Mickey topiary garden that celebrates the 100th anniversary of the National Parks Service launched in 1916 to conserve the country’s natural scenic treasures. This is a great photo op that features Ranger Mickey with a Spaceship Earth backdrop.
- Minnie Mouse and Pluto will be featured on the south side of Spaceship Earth, where Disney’s gardeners have created a floral sun garden and yellow “sunbursts” for a fantastic display.
- Anna & Elsa topiaries will be traveling to the Norway pavilion following their 2015 debut along the World Showcase Plaza.
- Over 100 topiary characters will be featured throughout Epcot, surrounded by themed gardens with herbs, peppers, orchids and more!
- Dozens of new food and beverage flavors are set to debut at the festival’s 11 Outdoor Kitchens: Urban Farm Eats, Pineapple Promenade, Fleur de Lys, Florida Fresh, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Lotus House, Bauernmarkt and Jardin de Fiestas.
- New culinary creations will include flavors like Jamaican Braised Beef with Pigeon-Pea rice, and Jerk-Spiced Grouper or Chicken with Mango salsa at La Isla Fresca. You can also try a Field Greens salad that features greens harvested from The Land pavilion, heirloom apples, Stilton cheese and dried blueberries paired with a blueberry hard cider from Plant City, FL at the new Cider House.
- A new edible flower garden by The Land pavilion will showcase petals with flavor.
Fun Fresh Weekends
- April 1st – 3rd: Art in the Garden Weekend spotlights nature through the works of plein air, or outdoor artists.
- April 8th – 10th: The new Family Fun Weekend presents outdoor activities for everyone to enjoy and a Festival Center focus on bugs with Disney’s Animal Kingdom specialists.
- April 22nd -24th: Earth Day Weekend celebrates our planet with special appearances and activities.
- April 29th -May 1st: Florida Fresh Weekend features the state’s edible bounty from Apalachicola to Zellwood.
Butterflies on the Go
- Butterflies on the Go is a fantastic garden where you can learn about the story of the Monarch butterfly and how they journey across the continent. You’ll even be able to watch as they emerge from their chrysalises!
- Each weekend at the Festival Center, Disney horticulturists and gardening experts will be on hand to conduct seminars and share tips on a broad range of topics, as guests dig in for a complimentary hands-on experience. Create a take-home a souvenir or grab a seat and relax! The center will also feature signature merchandise, food and beverages.
Throughout the park, you’ll encounter forty 8-to-9-foot-tall Disney-crafted “flower towers” and sweeping beds of multi-colored blooms, at least 70,000 bedding plants around the Future World east and west lakes alone, and 200 mini gardens that will be set afloat out on the water. At night, twinkling lights will shine throughout the gardens and topiaries.
The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is approaching its biggest year yet, and is included with a valid park admission. Save up to $38 vs gate price on discount Disney tickets when you purchase tickets at Tickets2You.com!