On May 1, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be celebrating a milestone 30 years of operation at Walt Disney World Resort. In honor of the special occasion the park formerly known as Disney MGM Studios is hosting a park-wide party filled with entertainment, food, and more!
A star-studded celebratory parade starring Mickey and his friends will make its way down the streets of Hollywood Studios at 10:00 am on May 1, kicking off the party throughout the park.
Later in the evening, the brand new nighttime spectacular “The Wonderful World of Animation” will debut on the outside of the Chinese Theater. The exciting show will illustrate the evolution of animation at Disney over the last 90 years, using state-of-the-art projection technology to display some of the most infamous projects including unforgettable moments from films like Sleeping Beauty, The Incredibles, Coco, Fantasia, and so much more!
Exclusive Food & Drink Offerings
The celebration will also include several delicious treats and beverages available for purchase around the park. Some limited-time snack offerings include:
- Kylo Ren Cupcake (Rosie’s All-American Diner & Dockside Diner): A Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcake
- Lightsaber Churros (Anaheim Produce, Market at Pixar Place, Pretzel Palooza, & Various Churro Carts): Churros dusted in Red or Blue Sugar (anaheim produce, market at pixar place, pretzel palooza, and various churro carts around the park)
- Playful Luxo Ball (Trolley Car Cafe & BaseLine Tap House): Made up of Mango Mousse, Banana Sponge Cake, Caramel Chocolate, and Rice Croquant
- Incredibles Macarons (Market at Pixar Place & BaseLine Tap House): Black and Red Almond Macarons with Mango Passion Ganache
- The Sorcerer’s Hat (ABC Commissary & Fantasmic! Food Carts): Lemon Sponge Cake with Vanilla Swiss Buttercream, Lemon Curd, and White Chocolate Glaze
- Mickey Mouse’s Celebration Cake (Backlot Express): Chocolate Sponge Cake with Chocolate Cream, Vanilla Marshmallow, and Passion Fruit Crispy Pearls
- Minnie Mouse’s Celebration Cake (Backlot Express): Yellow Cake with Strawberry Cream, Strawberry Marshmallow, and Strawberry Crispy Pearls
- Key Lime Pie Verrine (Rosie’s All-American Cafe & Backlot Express): Layers of Key Lime Custard and Graham Cracker topped with Whipped Cream and a White Chocolate 30th Anniversary logo
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Verrine (Catalina Eddie’s): Lemon Cheesecake topped with Blueberries, White Chocolate Crispy Pearls, and a White Chocolate 30th Anniversary Logo
- Tres Leches Verrine (Fairfaxe Fare): Tres Leches Cake served with Whipped Cream, a Fresh Strawberry, Strawberry Candy Rocks, and a White Chocolate 30th Anniversary Logo
- Raspberry Mousse Verrine (ABC Commissary): Raspberry Mousse topped with Fresh Raspberries and a White Chocolate 30th Anniversary logo
- Galaxy Margarita (Various walk-up bars around the park): Silver Tequila, Blue Curacao, Sweet and Sour Mix
- Celebration Fizz (Tune-In Lounge & The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge): Vanilla Vodka, Cranberry Juice, and Prosecco
- Banana Split Cocktail (Various walk-up bars around the park): Vanilla Vodka, Creme de Cacao, Creme de Banana, Strawberry Monin, and Pineapple Juice
In addition to the special treats you’ll find around the park, several favorite dishes will also be returning to various dining locations in honor of the milestone celebration!
The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Our Famous Cobb Salad: Finely Chopped Greens topped with Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing
- Brown Derby Original Grapefruit Cake: Available as part of a customizable mini dessert trio
50’s Prime Time Cafe
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken: Crispy Bone-in Fried Chicken served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables
- Cousin Megan’s Traditional Meatloaf: A Blend of Beef and Pork topped with Tomato Glaze, served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake
Exclusive 30th anniversary merchandise will be on sale in Grand Park (home of the Muppet Vision*3D) beginning at 8:00 AM on May 1. New items including a t-shirt, baseball cap, 24 oz Tervis tumbler, MagicBand, ornament, and more will be available for purchase while supplies last. There will be additional special items only available to annual passholders as well.
All guests of the park on the big day can take home a 30th Anniversary commemorative map and button.