This year, you can celebrate Earth Day at Walt Disney World with a one-of-a-kind celebration from April 18-24! Animal Kingdom’s limited time experiences include special character experience, fun learning activities, themed food and beverages, and more.
The Animation Experience
At Conservation Station, there will be special classes at the Animation Experience during Earth Month. Disney artists will demonstrate how to draw characters “whose real-life counterparts represent amazing stories of conservation work.” The drawing lessons will focus on Dumbo, Terk, Squirt, Shere Khan, Simba, and Scar.
Earth Day Treats
At select dining locations around the park, you can indulge in a variety of nature-inspired treats for a limited time.
- The Loggerhead (Isle of Java & Flame Tree Barbecue): Sour apple Sprite with a green sugar rim, sour fruit snack worms, and a glow cube. Available through April 29.
- Flamingo Cupcake (Flame Tree Barbecue): Strawberry cupcake filled with strawberry compote, guava frosting, and strawberry crisp pearls topped with a sugar flamingo. Available through April 29.
- Kiwi Margarita (Satu’li Canteen): Kiwi flavored beverage syrup with lime, sour mix, and tequila. Available through April 29.
- Honey Bee Cupcake (Creature Comforts): Orange cake with honey Bavarian filling and honey frosting, topped with a white chocolate honeycomb. Available through April 29.
- Sea Turtle Cupcake (Restaurantosaurus): Graham cracker cupcake with key lime filling, guava gelee, and vanilla buttercream icing topped with a fruit snack sea turtle. Available through April 29.
- Crave the Wave Cocktail (Restaurantosaurus): Vodka, blue curacao, and lemonade garnished with a lemon wheel. Available through April 29.
- Lion’s Fury (Dawa Bar): Jungle juice and black cherry liqueur-infused bourbon whiskey with a cinnamon whiskey floater and a fiery glow cube. Available through April 29.
- Mother Earth (Nomad Lounge): Infused tea and gin garnished with mint and lemon peel. Available through April 29.
- Yeti Sunset (Thirsty River Bar): Whiskey, strawberry, and lychee lemonade. Available through April 29.
- First Magnitude Draft (Thirsty River Bar, Nomad Lounge, and Dino-Bite Snacks): Honey Bee Citrus Blonde 2021. Available April 18-24.
- Cotton Top Lagoon (Isle of Java): Frozen blend of blue raspberry and lemonade topped with a wave of cotton candy. Available through April 29.
- Red Crowned Crane (Isle of Java): Frozen Coke and frozen Cherry Coke topped with strawberry cotton candy, can be ordered with or without rum. Available through April 29
The Wilderness Explorers expedition is a fun, educational, and free way to explore the park. As you complete each challenge, you’ll earn an adventure badge, with over 20 to collect ranging from animal observation to important nature skills. This month, the adventure includes a special Earth Day badge in addition to the regular badges. When you participate in a variety of self-guided nature challenges, you can earn a limited edition badge.
Earth Day Photos
Around the park, you’ll find special Earth Day photo ops including a brand new Super Zoom Magic Shot! The icy Himalayan background is the perfect setting for capturing video and zoomed in/out photos. Just find a Disney PhotoPass photographer at the Expedition Everest base camp for help setting up the shot! Disney photographers can also help you locate the other Magic Shot locations available during the Earth Day celebration. There are also exclusive Earth Day screensavers and Zoom backgrounds available to download from the My Disney Experience PhotoPass Gallery.
You’ll also have to keep an eye out for special character experiences during Earth Day at Walt Disney World. Animal Kingdom’s Discovery River Character Cruises will feature some new faces during the park’s Earth Day Celebration. For more Earth Day insights, check out the sustainable practices that are put into action at your favorite theme parks!