Starting September 25, Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa is back for its 21st year! This year’s event will be a modified version of the annual fright fest with plenty of socially distanced scares. The separately ticketed experience will take place every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through November 1.
Busch Gardens’ current health precautions will still be in place during Howl-o-Scream. Restrictions include temperature screenings for guests and employees, required face coverings for everyone in the park, and six-foot physical distancing.
This year’s event features 10 scare zones, some brand new concepts and some returning favorites. The terror spots have been modified as open-air zones that sprawl across 335 acres to allow for socially distant frights.
- Lycan Landing (NEW!): When the campfires burn out, try to find your way through the campground. Beware of the glowing eyes watching you from the trees…
- The Shortcut (NEW!): What seems like a shortcut through the cemetery turns terrifying when the corpses rise from their graves.
- The Junkyard (NEW!): Try to escape the haunted scrap site as the rubble comes to life.
- The Escape (NEW!): Chaos occurs when inmates escape from Grey Echo Penitentiary on the hunt for justice.
- First Fear: Icons from the last 20 years of Howl-O-Scream are back from the dead to greet you.
- Little Nightmares: Childhood nostalgia comes to life in a terrifying way as you walk down this dark street.
- Maniac Midway: Go behind the scenes with Sparky and his crew at “The Scariest Show on Earth”. Be careful, the creepy carnies will turn the midway a terrifying stage of torture.
- Deadly Toys: A childhood playdate turns horrifying as giant toys come to life on a spree of terror.
- Hell on Wheels: Navigate the terrors of a post-apocalyptic world, including a murderous biker gang
- Dia De Los Muertos: This festive zone honors the spirits of those who have passed in a traditional Mexican celebration.
The Fiends Show
The popular Fiends Show is also returning to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa. This year, it will take the stage in a new spacious outdoor performance area. Dr. Frankenstein and his freaky associates will perform on the Festival Field Stage at 8:30 PM and 10:00 PM each night. The audience will watch the hilarious Halloween show from socially distanced benches. There will be a capacity limit for each show time in order to guarantee guests can safely enjoy the show.
Food & Drinks
Along with all the frights, you can also enjoy a variety of festive foods and beverages throughout the park. In the Dia de Los Muertos zone, specialty items include:
- Tacos: Seasoned beef on a flour tortilla topped with shredded cabbage, serrano and coriander salsa verde, avocado crema, queso fresco, and fresh cilantro
- Tamales: Filled with seasoned pork and topped with shredded greens, salsa verde, avocado crema, and cotija cheese
- Pozole Blanco: Hearty chicken and hominy soup topped with shredded cabbage, radishes, cilantro, and lime
- Sandia Spicy Margaritas: Watermelon infused tequila blended with fresh lime juice topped with fresh jalapeno
At other locations around the park, you’ll find a variety of signature cocktails and syringe shots.
- The Escape: Rum, blue curacao, and cranberry juice
- The Junkyard: Long Island-inspired mix of gin, rum, tequila, vodka, and fruit juice
- The Naughty Shot: Gelatin infused with vodka
- The Freaken Shot: Dr. Freakenstein’s favorite mix of gelatin infused with tequila
Select Bier Fest locations are open on Howl-O-Scream nights as well. Guests can stop by the following festival spots throughout the night:
Coke Canopy Eats
- The Smokey Dog
- The Cuban Dog
- Pepper Smoked Chopped Brisket Slider
- Kung Pao Ribs
- Griddled Cheese Cake
Busch Bier Garten
- Mojo Roasted Heritage Pork Pub Chip Nachos
- Bacon Fury Pretzels
- Loaded Mac-N-Cheese
- Bison Beef Sliders
- Yuengling Golden Pilsner Chili Pub Chips
- Yuengling Golden Pilsner Drunken Shrimp Tacos
Xcursions Gourmet Cupcakes
- Guinness Paddy Cake
- Bud Light Orange Cream
- Angry Orchard Delight
- Yuengling Black & Tan
Tickets & Reservations
As you may have expected, capacity for Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa will be limited for safety reasons. You can choose from 18 terrifying nights from September 25 through November 1. Howl-O-Scream takes place on Fridays and Saturdays from 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM. On Sundays, the event runs from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Single night tickets start at $29.99 per person, and the price varies depending on the date of your reservation.
For a less frightening experience, check out what you can expect from SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular this year!