Orlando is a popular stop on most touring artists’ performing schedules due to the infamous concert venues like the Amway Center and House of Blues. However, The City Beautiful is also home to tons of local talent as well. For those who love experiencing live music of any kind, there are several great spots to enjoy an evening of entertainment any night of the week.
- The House of Blues at Disney Springs is one of Orlando’s main entertainment establishments, hosting major touring performers like most nights of the week. However, there’s also live music outside in the courtyard each night from 5-10 pm that does not require the purchase of a ticket. Happy Hour is daily from 3-5 pm at The Smokehouse and inside the actual House of Blues restaurant and bar, that includes specials on wine, beer, and cocktails. The Front Porch Bar opens at 4 pm daily.
- B.B. King’s Blues Club is in Pointe Orlando on International Drive, where you can find local artists and touring performers playing everything from soulful blues and classic soul to rock & roll every night of the week. You can also indulge in a variety of dishes from the menu of southern favorites while jammin’ out to the evening’s performances.
- Tin Roof Orlando is located in the ICON Orlando 360 complex. In addition to the nightly live music, guests can enjoy happy hour daily from 3-7 pm.
- An evening at Citywalk’s karaoke bar Rising Star is guaranteed to be entertaining, whether you’re looking for your five minutes of fame or just want to watch other brave singers have an American Idol moment. Live out your dream of being a pop star any night of the week. Sing accompanied by a live band and back up singers Tuesday – Saturday or perform top hits to recorded tracks on Sunday and Monday nights. Opens at 8:00 pm all week long,
- Pat O’Brien’s at Citywalk is a recreation of the famous Bourbon Street hot spot, complete with a Cajun menu and the signature Hurricane drink. Enjoy an entertaining display of dueling pianos from 4:00 pm to 2:00 am every day as well as live performances on select nights.
- Lafayette’s Music Room Orlando is on the second level of Pointe Orlando on International Drive, where local bands play live music 7 nights a week. American, Country, Rock, Blues, Bluegrass and Jazz music is the perfect entertainment to accompany the restaurant’s southern-inspired menu. For operating hours and calendar, click here.
These are just a few of the best places to enjoy an evening of live entertainment, and the best part is that it’s generally a low-cost activity! Where is your favorite place to catch a live show?