Sesame Street Kids’ Weekends return to Busch Gardens on May 1 for tons of family-friendly fun! The festivities take over the Safari of Fun from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM on Saturdays and Sundays through May 23. Each weekend will have its own theme, including an all-new celebration in honor of everyday heroes.
Rubber Duckie Weekend – May 1 & 2
Ernie is looking for his beloved rubber duckie, and you can help him find it during an outdoor scavenger hunt on the first Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend. Other activities during Rubber Duckie Weekend include dance parties with Bert and Ernie and a special storytime hosted by Ernie.
Cookie Monster Weekend – May 8 & 9
It’s all about the cookies during Cookie Monster Weekend at Busch Gardens Tampa. Help Cookie Monster search for his favorite treat throughout the Safari of Fun and decorate your very own cookie crown! Cookie Monster will also host storytime at Sunny Day Theater at select times each day.
Elmo Weekend – May 15 & 16
During Elmo weekend, kids can help Elmo and Dorothy look for their fish friends around the Sesame Street Safari of Fun. Along with the other Sesame Street Kids’ Weekends, guests can enjoy a special storytime at Sunny Day Theater and dance and play with Elmo at Sesame Street pavilion.
Everyday Heroes Weekend – May 22 & 23
The last event weekend celebrates everyday heroes in the community. Guests can join police officers, firefighters, and other local leaders in the Everyday Heroes Club by earning special badges in bravery, helping, and manners. In addition to the other event activities, this weekend will also feature special guests and emergency vehicles.
Each weekend, young guests can enjoy a variety of special activities around the Safari of Fun. In addition to outdoor storytime and family-friendly attractions, Kids’ Weekend festivities include:
- Sunny Days Mural (NEW!): Artists of all ages can show off the work they create in the craft tent on the Sunny Days Mural display at Festival Field.
- “Springtacular” Maze: Make your way through a series of twists and turned in a brightly colored maze on Festival Field.
- Visits with Busch Gardens’ Animal Ambassadors: Each weekend, exciting animal guests will be stopping by Festival Field with the park’s animal experts to interact and share information with parkgoers.
- Furry Friends Dance Party: Join Sesame Street friends for a socially distant dance party at the Sesame Street pavilion! Move and groove with your favorite characters at 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM, and 2:30 PM on event days.
- Sesame Street Photo Opportunities: Head to 1-2-3 Smile to pose with your favorite Sesame Street pals from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Cookie Monster’s Food Truck will also be parked at Festival Field for an all-new selfie spot during the event.
- Let’s Play Together: This lively show takes the stage in Sunny Day Theate
Which of these themed celebrations are you most excited for? Get ready for Sesame Street Kids’ Weekend by booking your Busch Gardens reservation now!