Summer at our favorite theme parks is certainly off to a rocky start, with park closures and several canceled events. SeaWorld Orlando has come up with a few ways to celebrate the rest of the summer at the park while keeping guests safely distanced and healthy with a variety of modified events to enjoy!
Electric Ocean Remix
We’ve already missed out on a lot of summer at SeaWorld Orlando, which means a lot of missed Electric Ocean nights at the park. The good news is a “remixed” version of the summer event is taking place every Friday and Saturday night through September 6.
Electric Ocean Remix is a condensed version of the annual summer festival. Guests can enjoy social distanced dance parties at the Waterfront, glowing merchandise for purchase, and special entertainment.
Clyde and Seamore will star in the fan-favorite parody show “Sea Lions Tonite” is also returning to SeaWorld Orlando during Electric Ocean Remix.
As usual, evenings end with a spectacular fireworks finale. This year, Electric Ocean Remix nights will feature an all-new pyrotechnics show called “Light Up the Sky.” The high energy show features music, brilliant lights, and impressive pyrotechnics that brighten the night sky in an incredible display.
Flicks & Fireworks
Since reopening, the park has also introduced a new event called “Flicks & Fireworks,” which takes place every weekend through September 6! The separately ticketed event provides a drive-in theater experience in the SeaWorld Orlando parking lot.
Start the night by indulging in delicious offerings from local food trucks. Then, head back to your car to settle in for the park’s impressive fireworks display and the evening’s movie selection. The lineup of films includes:
- Friday, August 7: Men In Black (PG-13)
- Saturday, August 8: Top Gun (PG)
- Friday, August 14: Footloose (PG)
- Saturday, August 15: Despicable Me (PG)
- Friday, August 21: Abominable (PG)
- Saturday, August 22: Avengers: Endgame (PG-13)
- Friday, August 28: The Lion King – 2019 (PG)
- Saturday, August 29: The Goonies (PG)
- Friday, September 4: Toy Story 4 (G)
- Saturday, September 5: Grease (PG)
- Sunday, September 6: Moana (PG)
Food trucks open at 7:45 PM, followed by fireworks and the movie at 9:00 PM. Entrance to Flicks & Fireworks costs $50 per car. You can book your spot on SeaWorld’s website.
From August 9 – 16, SeaWorld Orlando is celebrating their incredible shark residents with a series of special events and activities! If you visit the park during the Shark Celebration, you’ll get to learn all about the fastest ocean predators with Animal Care Specialist presentations, special Shark Up-Close tours, and more. The full list of offerings includes:
- A presentation from Animal Care Specialists at Shark Shallows on August 15 & 16 at 1:00 PM
- The opportunity to feed sharks from above the main aquarium during the Sharks Up-Close Tour on August 15 & 16
- 40% Off on Petting Zoo Foam Sharks at Fins Gifts
- Free Priority Seating at Sharks Underwater Grill (Reserve Online)
A Taste of the Seven Seas Food Festival
SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Festival started on February 7 but ended very early this year when the park had to close in early March.
Luckily, you can still get a taste of the Seven Seas Food Festival for a limited time at SeaWorld Orlando! From July 17 through August 9, you can indulge in delicious flavors from around the world every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
The event is running a little differently, with rotating festival marketplaces taking over one area of the park each weekend. This post has all detail and festival menus you’ll find at the Taste of the Seven Seas Food Festival.
This weekend, the Festival Market will feature an All-American menu, including:
- Tennessee Whiskey BBQ Chicken Wings: Crispy Wings tossed in a Tennessee Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- Chicken & Waffle: Drizzled with Maple Syrup and Sriracha
- Brisket Nachos: Topped with Queso Fresco, Cheddar Cheese, Jalapenos, and BBQ Crema (Gluten Free)
- Spicy Watermelon Salad: Tossed in a Sweet Thai Chili Sauce with Fresh Herbs (Vegan)
You still need reservations to attend SeaWorld Orlando in order to keep the park capacity low on event days. Stay up to date on all things theme parks by following @Tickets2You on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!