Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin’s 8th annual Food & Wine Classic is back October 27-28 from 5:30 – 9:00 PM each night.
Tickets for unlimited access to the Causeway, where all the various vendors are located, are $115 per person. For an additional $25, you can add access to the Beer Garden. Guests with a lighter appetite can opt for the a la carte tickets, which is 25 tickets for $50. Most offerings range from 2 to 6 tickets per food or drink item. Seminar ticket costs vary from $50 – $300, depending on the course.
There are also overnight packages available for guests who want to stay at the resort for the weekend. Room + event packages include accommodations for two adults and two causeway event passes. One night at The Dolphin starts at $424 and one night at The Swan starts at $444. Two night packages include two causeway packages for both days of the event, starting at $825 for a room at The Dolphin or $865 for a room at The Swan. Seminar tickets and Beer Garden tickets can be added at an additional cost. To make hotel reservations, call (888) 828 – 8850.
Food & Drinks
Along the causeway there will be samplings of a variety of unique foods and beverages from all around the world. Stops along the way include the Beer Garden, Beef & More, Pasta, Fish & Seafood, Sushi, Pastries & Desserts, Carnival Corner, Chinatown and wine tastings from Argentina, Australia, California, Chile, France and many more. Some familiar restaurants featured are Shula’s Steakhouse, Todd English’s bluezoo, The Fountain, Picabu, Cabana Bar & Beach Club, IL Mulino, Garden Grove, and Fresh Mediterranean Market.
End the weekend with the Sunday Bubbles Brunch at IL Mulino New York Trattoria for a menu of both traditional and no-so-traditional brunch items. Choose to attend at 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM or 1:00 PM and enjoy a glass of champagne or mimosa with your meal. Tickets for this dining experience are $88.50 and drinks can be upgraded to bottomless at the time of seating. Reserve your spot here.
Throughout the weekend, there will be 11 seminars hosted by renowned chefs, sommeliers, and other experts. Topics range from wines, cocktails, beers, pasta making, cheese pairing, and sushi + sake. Each seminar lasts about 1 hour.
Friday, October 27
- 4:00 PM – Fine Art of Sushi & Sake ($70 per person): Learn how to identify quality sushi and how to properly pair sake and sushi according to typical flavor profiles and styles.
- 4:30 PM – Wine Blending Seminar ($50 per person): This hands-on seminar breaks down the components of barrel samples, discusses origins of wine, reviews plush varieties of grapes. Attendees will also get a step-by-step look at the wine making process before blending their own Meritage.
- 4:30 PM – Italian Wines ($50 per person): Explores the three main wine regions of Italy, the history of their wines, and how they have “evolved to the modern palate.”
- 4:30 PM – Beer Please ($50 per person): Focusing on micro brews and craft brews from all over the world, learn the process behind different brews, future brewing trends, and the impact of beer on the food and beverage industry. The seminar ends with a tasting of various beer styles and food pairings.
- 4:30 PM – Riesling, So Sweet & Dry ($50 per person): Covers a broad range of riesling styles, from dry and sweet to light and full-bodied variations.
- 4:30 PM – Craft Cocktails ($50 per person): Break down the components of classic craft cocktails like Old Fashioned, Whiskey Sours, Gin Fizzes, and Cosmos and learn how to make them at home.
Saturday, October 28
- 2:00 PM – Grand Tasting Experience ($300 per person): Master Sommelier Matthew Citriglia discusses Nebbiolo wines from the Barolo and Barbaresco regions, explaining their the historic influences and identity of a great Nebbiolo during the guided tasting experience.
- 2:30 PM – The Cheese Course ($70 per person): Experience various cheese styles and discover how well they naturally pair with port wines.
- 2:30 PM – Pasta Making ($70 per person): Led by Chef Cib, the mastermind behind the Food & Wine Classic, guests will have the opportunity to assist executive chefs with preparing 3 different specialty pasta dishes from scratch. Sip on a glass of California wine while making pasta dough from scratch and learning Grandma Cib’s family recipe for potato gnocchi.
- 4:30 PM – Wine Blending Seminar ($50 per person): Same as Friday’s seminar.
- 4:30 PM – Italian Wines ($50 per person): Same as Friday’s seminar.
- 4:30 PM – More than Malbec ($50 per person): This is an introduction to the wines of Argentina, particularly from Mendoza, which is Latin America’s largest wine making region. In addition to learning some information about its history and culture, guests will have a chance to taste samples from Mendoza’s three sub-regions and learn how to select the perfect Argentinian wines.
- 4:30 PM – Base to Bubbles ($50 per person): This seminar is all about the basics of champagne. After an introduction to the 5 key regions of Champagne, hear about the importance of grapes, land climate, and other factors involved in making a great champagne. During a blind taste test, guests will learn to focus on the smell and taste of different styles from all around the world.
- 4:30 PM – Craft Cocktails ($50 per person): Same as Friday’s seminar.
In addition to indulging in all the food and drinks along the causeway, guests can enjoy live entertainment from the clamshell fountain on the Dolphin side of the causeway.
- EPIC: Performs seamless mashups of dance, pop and party rock from the 80s, 90s and today.
- 501 Blues: Plays the best of blues, soul, and classic rock hits from over the last 40 years.
- Atlantic City Boys: Four lead singers performing their renditions of popular 60’s tunes from The Beach Boys, The Drifters, the Four Seasons, and Frankie Valli.