If you have a smartphone, the Universal Orlando app will totally change the way you explore the parks! From purchasing tickets to mobile order and accurate wait times, there are tons of features that can help you navigate Universal Orlando with ease.
Wallet + Universal Pay
By setting up your wallet in the Universal Orlando app you can purchase tickets, express passes, and Universal dining plans with the tap of a button. Start by creating an account or logging in to an existing account, then link a credit card and you’re ready to go! This wallet account can also be linked to your TapuTapu wearable at Universal’s Volcano Bay.
Universal Pay, added in the most recent update to the app, is a contactless payment method that can be used all around the resort. After adding a card to your wallet, you will be asked to confirm your security code before generating a QR code for team members to scan. There is also a “spending limit” option that allows you to control what members of your party can spend. Select “No Charging Privileges” or “No Limit Per Day”, or set a spending limit for each person. Universal Pay is accepted at all Universal locations.
Universal’s mobile food & drink order feature allows you to order ahead at select restaurants in the parks and around CityWalk. You can skip the lines and save time by ordering before you arrive at the following participating locations:
Universal Studios Florida
- Cletus’ Chicken Shack (Springfield: Home of the Simpsons)
- Flaming Moe’s (Springfield: Home of the Simpsons)
- Krusty Burger (Springfield: Home of the Simpsons)
- Leaky Cauldron (The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley)
- Louie’s Italian Restaurant (New York)
- Luigi’s Pizza (Springfield: Home of the Simpsons)
- Mel’s Drive-In (Hollywood)
- Universal Studios’ Classic Monsters Cafe (Production Central)
- Richter’s Burger Co. (San Francisco)
- The Fountain of Fair Fortune (The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley)
- The Frying Dutchman (Springfield: Home of the Simpsons)
- The Hopping Pot (The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley)
- San Francisco Pastry Company (San Francisco)
- TODAY Cafe (Hollywood)
Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Blondie’s (Toon Lagoon)
- Cafe 4 (Marvel Super Hero Island)
- Captain America Diner (Marvel Super Hero Island)
- Cinnabon (Port of Entry)
- Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous (Seuss Landing)
- Comic Strip Cafe (Toon Lagoon)
- Croissant Moon Bakery (Port of Entry)
- Doc Sugrue’s Desert Kebab House (The Lost Continent)
- Fire Eater’s Grill (The Lost Continent)
- The Burger Digs (Jurassic Park)
- Three Broomsticks (The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade)
- Thunder Falls Terrace (Jurassic Park)
Universal’s Volcano Bay
- Bambu (Rainforest Village)
- Kohola Reef Restaurant & Social Club (Wave Village)
- The Feasting Frog (Rainforest Village)
- Whakawaiwai Eats (River Village)
- Bread Box Handcrafted Sandwiches
- Hot Dog Hall of Fame
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery
- Voodoo Doughnut
The ordering process is very simple, with just a few steps. First, open the side menu and select “Mobile Food & Drink Order.” Then, choose your restaurant, browse the menu, and choose your items. Finally, you can customize your order, confirm, and checkout. Passholders can still get their discounts when mobile ordering, just scan your pass or enter the numbers manually at checkout.
You don’t have to worry about the freshness of your meal when you order ahead, the restaurant will not start getting your food ready until you click “Prepare My Order.” When you arrive, you can go to the pickup window or wait at designated tables to get your order.
Another way the Universal Orlando app helps you save time is with the virtual line feature. In the left-hand menu, you will see the “Virtual Line” button. Tap “Virtual Line Venues” to see the list of available attractions, and select the one you want to ride. Then, select your return time and how many people are in your party. Once you’ve reserved your spot, you can explore the park until your return time. When your return time window starts, you can made your way to the attraction with your entire party and scan the QR code on your phone. After your return time has passed, you can hop in the Virtual Line for another attraction.
The Universal Orlando app’s interactive maps offer a detailed look at Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Universal CityWalk, and Universal’s hotels. Maps display wait times, showtimes, and dining location hours. You can use filters to easily locate rides, restaurants, restrooms, and shops around the resort.
You can also set a parking reminder to help you remember which section, level, and row your car is located in when you’re ready to leave at the end of the day.
Keep track of all the rides and attractions you want to experience by adding them to your “Favorites.” This list will display accurate wait times for the attractions you want to ride most. You can also set alerts for showtimes and low wait times for everything on your favorites list. Then, use the customized map to help you find your way to favorited spots.
If you enable notifications for the Universal Orlando app, you can receive location-based updates on attractions and schedule changes related to the park you are currently visiting. You will also receive alerts about special offers and upcoming park events.
For more information on using your smartphone to make the most of your time at the theme parks, check out everything the My Disney Experience app has to offer!