Dining at a theme park can be a daunting process, between getting your family to agree on a restaurant, waiting in line, and finding a place to to sit once you’ve received your food. Having dietary restrictions can make things even more complicated, so in an effort to simplify the experience we’ve created a guide to finding vegetarian dining options in each area of all four Disney Parks.
- 50s Prime Time Cafe is an authentic 1950s dining experience, complete with vinyl seating and TV dinners. (tables service) The true American home-style menu does not offer a great variety of meatless dishes, but you can find Cousin Harold’s Vegetable Lasagna.
- The Backlot Express menu, inspired by Star Wars, boasts entrees like the dark side chicken and waffles and royal guard burgers, but you can find a few veg options at the quick service spot, like the galactic salad or the caprese sandwich.
- The ABC Commissary offers a Mediterranean salad served with hummus and pita chips.
- At the Sci Fi Dine In, meatless options are a caprese sandwich or a vegetarian falafel burger.
- Rosie’s All American Cafe doesn’t have a huge selection of meals for vegetarians, but you can try the fried green tomato sandwich, which comes with pepper jack cheese, jalapeno ranch and arugula on ciabatta bread.
- The Hollywood Brown Derby serves a vegetarian pho with ginger lemon grass broth with mushroom and tofu spring rolls.
Grand Avenue (Muppet Courtyard)
- At Mama Melrose Ristorante Italiano guests can try vegetarian versions of Italian favorites like vegetable lasagna or margherita flatbreads.
- PizzeRizzo offers the standard cheese pizza as well as a vegetable pizza that is topped with mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
At Animal Kingdom’s entrance, you’ll find Rainforest Cafe. The table service restaurant serves guests both inside and outside the park. Their vegetarian menu options include mushroom and spinach or parrilla veggie flatbreads, paradise house or kale and red quinoa salads, a meatless rainforest natural burger, or anaconda pasta.
- Yak and Yeti has a large selection of offerings including wok fried green beans with sweet thai chili dipping sauce, house or kale caesar salads, and vegetable lo mein. You can add tofu to the vegetable lo mein for an additional charge of $3.
- At Tiffins, vegetarian guests have a variety of appetizers, salads and entrees to choose from. The selection include a selection of artisanal cheeses, Tiffins signature bread service, watermelon and barrel aged feta, black eyed pea fritters and roasted vegetable curry.
- Pizzafari’s menu has two meatless flatbread options; cheese or mediterranean, which comes topped with alfredo sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, pesto, roasted tomato and red peppers, kalamata olives, red onions, and arugula.
- Satu’li Canteen is the only restaurant located in the World of Pandora. The quick service menu, inspired by the natural diet of the local natives, features a chili spiced crispy fried tofu bowl and steamed curry pods filled with eggplant, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, carrots, and shallot cilantro cream.
- Restaurantosaurus doesn’t have as much variety on their menu as far as meat-free meals, but you can order a vegetarian black bean burger, served with a southwest salad and french fries.
- Be Our Guest offers a quick service lunch and table service dinner, with a few soup and salad selection to offer vegetarian diners. Available at both lunch and dinner, choose from french onion soup, potato leek soup, quinoa salad with vegetables, or vegetable quiche.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table is the castle’s Grand Hall, overlooking Fantasyland through the stained-glass windows that is truly a setting right out of a storybook. The royal menu offers a summer vegetable couscous dish to vegetarians.
- Much like Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios, Pinocchio Village Haus provides quick service Italian favorites including cheese and caprese flatbreads, which are both meat-free.
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Tony’s Town Square Restaurant is a casual table service restaurant modeled after the turn-of-the-century trattoria where Lady & the Tramp shared spaghetti. This restaurant probably has the most diverse vegetarian menu at Magic Kingdom, with meals varying from caprese salad and zucchini fritte to vegetarian pizza. They also serve goat cheese and vegetable ravioli and pasta e fagioli, which is meatless Italian soup with pasta and beans.
- The Plaza is a dining parlour also inspired by the turn of the century that serves wedge salads and veggie burgers with cheese.
- Columbia Harbor House‘s New England inspired menu is mostly filled with seafood offerings, but the quick service restaurant also offers broccoli peppercorn salad and vegetarian salad.
- Old music hall turned table service restaurant, The Diamond Horseshoe, does not have a lot of choices for meat-free entrees with the exception of the Frontier salad.
- The old west saloon that is now Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn is a Mexican quick service location with several meat-free offerings like veggie burritos, rice bowls, or a southwest salad.
- Cosmic Ray Starlight Cafe offers traditional American cuisine like hamburgers and hot dogs at its counters, but vegetarian diners can opt for a falafel burger to eat while enjoying the “live” alien entertainment from Sonny Eclipse.
- The Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen is a table service restaurant with a menu inspired by Asian, Latin and African cuisine. Meat-free options include curried vegetable stew, shiriki noodle salad, baladi salad, and Falls Family falafel.
- Sunshine Seasons offers a vegan forma with gardein meatless chik’n at the Asian Noodle Shop and a vegan flatbread at the Sandwich Shop.
- The Coral Reef Restaurant is a table service restaurant that serves seafood dishes inspired by the oceans all around the world. However, the menu does have a vegetarian teriyaki glazed tofu bowl.
- Quick Service spot Electric Umbrella serves vegetable naan-wiches, energy salads, and three cheese flatbreads
- The first stop in the World Showcase is the Mexico Pavilion. The table service restaurant in this area is called the San Angel Inn Restaurante, which offers “tacos de vegetales” as the vegetarian option. Outside the San Angel Inn is La Cantina de San Angel, which is an outdoor quick service spot that overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon.
- At the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway, vegetarian diners can try out two authentic Scandinavian dishes. Gronnsaksgrateng is a vegan and vegetarian dish made of roasted fall vegetable terrine with braised lentils, tomato, and white balsamic vinaigrette. The other option is Fylt pasta, which is four cheese stuffed pasta with white wine cream sauce.
- At the Nine Dragons Restaurant and Lotus Blossom Cafe, the China Pavilion’s respective table service and quick service restaurants you can find vegetable and tofu stir fry and Hong Kong style vegetable curry.
- The most diverse vegetarian menu can be found in the Italy Pavilion at both Via Napoli and Tutto Italia. Both restaurants offer a variety of meat-free salads as well as pasta e fagioli, which is a pasta and bean soup. Via Napoli also serves three meatless pizzas; margherita, carciofi (white pizza with artichokes, mozzarella, and truffle oil), and quattro formaggi (four cheese). Other options include fritto di verdura, which is crisp fried veggies and marinara picante, tortino di melanzane, which is eggplant, tomato, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, and spaghetti pomodoro, or mozzarella caprese. In addition to the salads and soup from Tutto Italia, you can also order Fior Di Latte mozzarella, Caprese panini, or fettuccine campagnole.
- The Morocco pavilion offers a few meat-free meals at multiple different restaurants, so if you enjoy Mediterranean food this area is a great place to eat. The Restaurant Marrakesh is the pavilion’s table service restaurant, where you can find the country’s national dish couscous with vegetables or a Moroccan Jasmia salad as entrees. They also serve a vegetarian appetizer of goat cheese with crispy bread. Also in Morocco, the Tangierine Cafe serves a Moroccan kefta platter and a vegetable platter. The Mediterranean vegetable platter is also available at the Spice Road Table.
- Liberty Inn at the America pavilion serves a Red, White and Blue salad.
- Chefs de France – vegetable lasagna, gratin de macaroni (baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese)
- Rose & Crown, located in the United Kingdom Pavilion, serves a variety of vegetarian dishes including vegetable cottage pie, potato leek soup, Coronation salad, and a United Kingdom cheese platter featuring five cheeses found in the UK.
- Based solely on the name of the Le Cellier Steakhouse it’s not surprising that the restaurant does not have a huge selection of meatless dishes. However you can find one option in the Canada restaurant, which is a root vegetable gnocchi dish.